Sunday, January 3, 2016

Now this, I remember.

I remember last year when my sister told me that I was finally going to be an aunt.
I remember not sleeping at all that night, wondering what my neice or nephew would look like.
I remember the smile in my mom's eyes when she woke up every morning knowing that she would soon be a grandma.
I remember going to the store and looking at baby clothes.
I remember how my sister called and said she needed to talk to all of us.
I remember when she came in crying, and told us there wasn't a heartbeat.
I remember the dissapointment that covered my house like a storm cloud that never goes away.
I remember the hidden tears behind my mom's smile, as she told my sister that it would all be okay.
I remember cringing when I walked past the baby aisle.
I remember going thorough my mind and erasing everything that I had been hoping for.

I remember this christmas, when she told us another baby was on the way

1 comment:

  1. This was really sad. I'm sorry that happened to your sister

    ReplyDelete